SPEEDQUEEN serial numbers are generally very straight forward and contain all the dates you need to determine the age of a SPEEDQUEEN appliance. Here are the steps to do it:
Step 1: Locate the Serial Number
The serial number is usually located on a metal plate or sticker somewhere on the appliance.
The location of the serial number may vary depending on the type of appliance you are working with.
Some common places to look for the serial number include:
- On the back or side of a refrigerator
- On the rim or base of a dishwasher
- On the door jamb or control panel of a washing machine or dryer
- On the control panel of an oven or range
Step 2: Identify the Serial Number Format
SPEEDQUEEN serial numbers consist of all numeric digits. In almost all cases, the serial number will be 10 numeric digits.
Step 3: Decode the Serial Number
Once you have identified the serial number, you can use the following to decode the information:
- The first two digits of the serial number indicate the year of manufacture.
- The third and fourth digits denote the month of manufacture.
- For example, the serial number 1112098778 would translate to December of 2011 (11, 12).