SAMSUNG serial numbers are generally very straight forward and contain all the dates you need to determine the age of a SAMSUNG appliance. Here are the steps to do it:
Step 1: Locate the Serial Number
The serial number is usually located on a metal plate or sticker somewhere on the appliance.
The location of the serial number may vary depending on the type of appliance you are working with.
Some common places to look for the serial number include:
- On the back or side of a refrigerator
- On the rim or base of a dishwasher
- On the door jamb or control panel of a washing machine or dryer
- On the control panel of an oven or range
Step 2: Identify the Serial Number Format
SAMSUNG serial numbers consist of 11 or 15 characters. They can begin with a alpha or numeric character.
- Newer model serial numbers generally end with an alpha character but not in all cases.
- Most SAMSUNG appliance serial numbers contain a sequence of 4 or 5 numeric digits in the second half.
Step 3: Decode the Serial Number
Once you have identified the serial number format, you can use the following to decode the information:
- If the serial number is 15 characters, the 8th character corresponds to the year and the 9th character is the month.
- If the serial number is 11 characters, the 4th character corresponds to the year and the 5th character is the month.
- Once you have determined the two characters, you can use any public SAMSUNG date chart to determine the age.