GAGGENAU serial numbers are generally straightforward and can be used to identify the manufacturing date and month easily. Here are the steps to decode a GAGGENAU serial number:
Step 1: Locate the Serial Number
The serial number is usually located on a metal plate or sticker somewhere on the appliance.
The location of the serial number may vary depending on the type of appliance you are working with.
Some common places to look for the serial number include:
- On the back or side of a refrigerator
- On the rim or base of a dishwasher
- On the door jamb or control panel of a washing machine or dryer
- On the control panel of an oven or range
Step 2: Identify the Serial Number Format
GAGGENAU appliance serial numbers are always prepended by "FD", making it easy to discern which number you are looking for.
- Look for FD followed by a string of numbers which can vary in length.
- The first digit following "FD" is the decade of manufacture, MINUS 2. The second digit denotes the exact year of manufacture. The third and fourth digits denote the month of manufacture.
Step 3: Decode the Serial Number
Once you have identified the format of the serial number, you can use the following to decode the information:
- A simple way to discern GAGGENAU appliance serial numbers is to add 20 to value of the first and second digits.
- For example, FD961200000 translates to 96 + 20 = 2016 and the 12 = December so this appliance was manufactured in December of 2016.