DANBY serial numbers are generally very straight forward and contain all the dates you need to determine the age of a DANBY appliance. Here are the steps to do it:
Step 1: Locate the Serial Number
The serial number is usually located on a metal plate or sticker somewhere on the appliance.
The location of the serial number may vary depending on the type of appliance you are working with.
Some common places to look for the serial number include:
- On the back or side of a refrigerator
- On the rim or base of a dishwasher
- On the door jamb or control panel of a washing machine or dryer
- On the control panel of an oven or range
Step 2: Identify the Serial Number Format
DANBY serial numbers typically consist of all numeric digits. In almost all cases, the serial number will be 13 numeric digits.
Step 3: Decode the Serial Number
Once you have identified the serial number, you can use the following to decode the information:
- The third and fourth digits indicate the year of manufacture.
- The fifth and sixth digits indicate the year of manufacture.
- For example, the serial number 4619054000999 would translate to May of 2019 (19, 05).